hey guys,
i'm presently in the 'city of cats'. (Auntie Ann--I have thought of you a ton here!!) yesterday i met with some youth leaders/workers, and then last night i spoke with about 4 or 5 youth groups that came together for a joint meeting...it was awesome. we had such an amazing time of worship and it was so encouraging to see young people jumping up and down and raising thier hands in the air singing, "Everyday, its You I live for." God always knows exactly what we need, and when we need it. I was again, humbled, that He chooses---He CHOOSES, to accomplish His perfect will through US.
The past 2 weeks were equally as great. I was able to travel into the interior a few times and visit some of the churches there. We went to a place right at the foot of a mountain (pics to come), and went to a church that reminded me a lot of my time in India. Simple people, an open church with wooden pews, the brightly colored artificial flowers on the stage...ah, i wore a permanent grin that night. and then afterwards, they had supper prepared for us (they eat at least 4x a day: bfast, lunch, dinner, then supper). They made these homemade Pao's--round bread with stuff in the middle, and fried rice and fruits and tea. It always amazes me how the people with the most humble means are always the most generous. the sweet ladies were putting those Pao's in to-go boxes and insisting i take them back for breakfast. It's always in these places i can most clearly see the face of Jesus.
I will be flying tomorrow for a meeting, and then back later next week. AND, i called Shah Iran to pick me up from the airport, but becasue its Hari Raya (the M's have been fasting for 40 days, Ramadan, and just yesterday broke thier fast, so its a huge holiday this side), so he is with his family and won't be able to. That's okay, maybe he can take me back to the airport when i go. Keep praying for him!!!
Well i better get ready for church. I will post some pictures later today. Love love love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
awe!! now i feel bad that i didn't comment on this blog. :( Hers is sorry. but I love you and i was only imagining what in the world that was like! That is great!
hey... go read my reply to your comments about CT's b-day.
does 2 make you feel better?
does 3 make you feel better and make you forgive me for not being a commenter?
Hey Joy,
It is so great to hear what you are up to. I continue to pray for you. Look forward to when you will be back in Charlotte. Blessings on your day.
Post a Comment