Saturday, March 29, 2008

just a little update...

okay so its been a month...i am still alive and breathing. it's hard to believe i've been home for over a month now! jenny (my sister) had spring break this week, so she has been home--which means all 5 of the Griswold's were home. when all of us are home, it only confirms we are all nutjobs.***
(***tickets are available for dinner/family gatherings for sheer entertainment)

so what have i been doing you ask? i've been to my grandma ward's 87th birthday party at lizard's thicket in the large metropolis of irmo, s.c.; i spent a weekend in charlotte for stacey's coming home from china-yay! (hannah has a great post with pics, my camera's battery died as soon as i turned it on-check out 'theshoutout' on my peeps list); my mom has been killin' me in the gym and the 4:15 step class; i visit my nairobi bound best friend in thomasville every chance i get (check out their rockin' flyer for the benefit dinner: 'onlyservants' on my peeps list); i've gone to track meets, many dinners at los arcos, visited some precious friends of the family in davie county for some chattin' and Easter egg dying; am back involved with our church which is rockin' my world: Cornerstone Summit and ALL are welcome:), catchin' up on movies with mom, filing papers that have accumulated in the last year in my newly purchased official file cabinet, watching sudan/darfur documentaries and trying to educate my family on the issue, reading (of course), sustaining an unidentifiable rash, frequenting cook-out for their banana pudding milkshake, visiting my friends at the mexican grocery beside the coffee house, and last but not least for my incomplete list, painting/staining at the Son's Light Coffee House which is TWO weeks from opening (we hope and pray!!). I keep meaning to take pictures of the amazing progress...I'll have to post some 'before and after' shots because its quite amazing. we have really been blessed by all those who have so willingly and cheerfully donated time, money and labor to the coffee house. for those of you in town or even passing through, please stop by!! it's right beside los arcos (the light at burger king). and for the rest of you who don't know what the coffee house is, ask me about it!!!

so that's the brief update. i'm just soakin' in being home and with those i love. as for 'a job' i'm not sure yet, just waiting patiently for Him to reveal what's next...and i have a complete peace about it. His plans are best and He's never late, so no need for worry. but i'll keep ya posted.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

just left you a message! YEAH for the update! Me missed you in blogland. Did you get your test results back yet (you know the wormmy/critter ones)? Can we schedule our next visit?@?!??! Love you!

Only Servants Ministries said...

Oh my love....
great update. TOday is your derm. apt. I am so excited about it. So as soon as I get off work, I am calling you to find out what the heck is wrong with you. I love you JMW.
(I always am missin' you)

Only Servants Ministries said...

HPS- I saw no pics of Stac's homecoming on your blog! What up??

Unknown said...

joy, can you please take an update pic of the rash and blog it. Do keep us updated on the diagnosis.

Oh, Linders...click on "older posts" at the bottom of the page and the next page has all the pics of stace's homecoming. How'd you do that pic by your name? Me want one!

LYNN said...

hey Joy
I was thinking about you today and wondered how you were doing since you came home. Next time you visit Davie county I would love to see you. I hope to make it up to the coffee house. I think Stan my bring some of the youth up. I think? Did I see that in my Farside brain Or did I dream that one? Anyway it would be a good idea. Think I will mention it. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

hannah scholle, absolutely not am i taking a picture of my rash for all the world to see. however, i DO have the diagnosis...drum roll please....psoriasis. which, get this, was caused by the strep throat i had the week i was back. apparently, psoriasis is genetic, so i've always had it, but one can severely react (ie: rash) after a bad case of strep or from sunburn. so he gave me this steroid cream and hopefully it should begin to clear up. im sure that's WAY more than you wanted to know, but interesting, nonetheless. at least it's no longer 'unidentifiable.'!! or chronic or cancerous.

Anonymous said...

oh this is joy btw.

ps--did i mention it IS contagious?

Anonymous said...

just kidding:)

Unknown said...

Whoooo would've thought? My grandfather and aunt have psoriasis but it's in big scaly patches, not all over in little bumpies like yours. I'm glad they got to the bottom of it! Hope the cream works. Love you long time!

Donna said...

I love the Griswold comment! Take some funny family pics and post them---even if they're posed!

pepermentcrunch said...

griswold number 2 here.. lovers... i mean i talk to you daily so ill just talk to you later... or now.. haha..

Anonymous said...

hey lynn! i will def. let you know the next time i make my way to davie county. Yes!!! ya'll make a trip to boone for some coffee at the 'almost ready to open...give us two more weeks and some chairs' coffee house. :)

Only Servants Ministries said...

Yea- I did come up with the shoes/ turtle thing. I had to b/c I didn't want to be offensive and say something like "They could sell a pair of glasses to a blind kid". I mean what if a blind kid was reading my blog, ya know?