Friday, March 7, 2008

with knowledge comes responsibility

david johnson is a photographer (unc grad), and has traveled all over the world taking pictures...but was so impacted by sudan--particularly darfur--he HAD to do something about it. so he took his pictures and made a book: Voices of Sudan. i ordered if for my best friend's birthday, and she said it was the best book she has ever read. i just ordered a copy for myself...amazing. 100% of the profits from the book go towards helping sudan.

please take the time to watch the video as david speaks about his book, and why he chose to document THIS place, and THESE people. you wouldn't think twice about watching an hour of TV right?

you can order the book from www.silentimages.org. remember, with knowledge comes responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKrYD_vrOk

3 comments:

Only Servants Ministries said...

We have a global responsibility people! AMEN JOY! I need to put this on our site. I might just steal it. Thank the Lord for Joy's in this world! I love you!

Ashleigh said...

FYI, Dave Johnson is back in Sudan at this time so be in prayer.

Only Servants Ministries said...

Just wondering...
why do you think people don't comment on videos put on blogs about genocide in Darfur? How come it's just you and I commenting back and fourth on each others? I watched this video again today. I will put it on my site soon. Forget the comments, I just wonder if people really do anything after they watch it, ya know? Feeling sorry for someone never saved a life. Do they talk about it after they find out about it? (sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir.. I just don't find anyone else who is interested in helping or even talking about it)