this is what the congregation sees everytime they worship in this church---directly behind the pulpit are glass window panes, which up until about three years ago provided a beautiful view of the sea in this little M. town. rarely do i find myself without words, however, i have a difficult time articulating this scene--what i experienced in my spirit--being in this church. i just wanted to see--i mean SEE with these human eyes, the spiritual battle that was taking place between these two places of worship, two places separated by the distance of a football field. i wanted to SEE the angels He had ordered to surround His house, to protect His children. i wanted to SEE the battle..."For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Eph.6:12).
living this last year in se asia, and india before that--both areas where Christians comprise less than 10%, well less than 5% in India--God has allowed me to SEE what is false, to see bondage, oppression. to FEEL, just barely, what Daniel and his friends must have felt living in a foreign land where they don't acknowledge or worship the one and only TRUE GOD. i've been close enough to TOUCH the temples and the mosques and the idols. i can SMELL the incense, continuously burning to appease the gods. but even amidst all these manifestations of all that is false--everything that opposes the TRUTH---i fear that our seemingly "Christian" country might be in more danger. Americans are becoming so full of everything the world has to offer, there's little room left for Jesus. i wonder how many Americans would say, "A Savior? What do i need to be saved from? I have everything i need--every modern convenience, every luxury, the best education..." we've become comfortable, complacent, and careless, while our country is being swallowed up in tolerance and political correctness--at the expense of our FAITH.
wake up! wake up!! rise 'n shine America!!
there's a battle taking place, and YOU are on the frontlines!! go grab your helmet! remind your sister to put on her breastplate. make sure your brother has his sword!! mom, get your shield! dad, put your belt on!
"Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to STAND FIRM" (Eph. 6:13).
ps--this just in from basecamp: i'm being transferred feb. 13th at 1600 hours. haven't received word about next mission--but the enemy remains the same: S.A. Tan. i hear rumors that the food on your mission field is really tasty, AND you get free refills.
8 comments:
JMW...whoa staff writer. The beginning of your post gave me chill bumps and immediately captured my attention...the visual of warfare...that is POWERFUL...Powerful I tell you! I love you and can't wait to give you morsels of tasty food. Get yo butt here!
PS Amen also! The vision of enemy troops in the distance is quickly changing from blurry to clear. The sound of the horses stampeding to the line is growing louder and louder. NOW is the hour....people get ready...(OK, now I'm singing...People get ready...Jesus is coming)
"...soon we'll be going home.." (I love that song). glad i struck a chord--we gotta keep each other on our toes!
less than 2 weeks!
I was just thinking about you and thought I would visit. Very powerful words. I agree with you 100%. Warfare for most of us is making it to the one day sale and get the bargains. I pray for our country especially since this is an election year. I pray for our youth and my three beautiful grandkids. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Right on, Joy! and now I am singing with you girls, people get ready, Jesus is comin'..
So true! Be ready.
Can I just say...
I LOVE YOU!
I thoroughly enjoyed our talks about politics around the world over delicious-o coffee and mango's!
JOY! Where are u now? May I use your latest post (with some editing) anonymous and all that for an article/post?
UPDATE PLEASE. That dang duck has been quackking ALLLLLL day long and is quacking right now as I type. I loved our time together!
Post a Comment