Monday, January 14, 2008

"not in Kansas anymore"

this is the card reader where i flash my card to get in my apt. complex (see how secure it is mom?!) and i keep meaning to take a picture of the snails here that come out after it rains. yeeaahh, not so much like the little black snails we find in the creek huh? yikes! i really try to avoid wearing the big "tourist" sign on my forehead...taking pictures of an everyday snail really screams that--but, hello, can you imagine my reaction when i first saw one of these guys sluggin' around? i am telling you what, crazy things happen along the equator. crraaaazzzy.

7 comments:

Only Servants Ministries said...

YAY! I'm the first to comment on this blog! Joy, I'm sitting in Detriot waiting to board a different plane to Amsterdam b/c ours is "broken". That was the sweetest bestest prayer ever this morning! I wish Chris could have heard it. I couldn't reinact it. I love you and I can't wait to see you. By the Way.... I started laughing aloud in the airport after reading this blog. Because I could hear you going Bughhhaaaa! IT's funny- I can't make or spell that noise i've heard you make so many times. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Only Servants Ministries said...

P.S. Detriot is depressing looking! Don't ever live here. Ugh.... drap-o outside!

Joy said...

what reeeallly does "broken" mean? yikes!! i thought about you guys all night long--i couldn't sleep! i'm sure you will have PLENTY of 'creatures of our God and King' to blog about when you get back. isn't the camel spider in kenya?? (jk:) but it IS in africa somewhere...

LYNN said...

Oh My! That thing looks like something from the sci-fi channel. What if it had been dark and you like grabbed it and squished it in your fingers. Ugh!!!

Thanks for the invite to your blog. I think of you often in thoughts and prayers.

JR said...

GROSS! can you say grande escargot:)

Suzanne said...

Took me a minute to really believe that snail was real! So gross! I did eat escargot once. Don't think I ever will again. Of course they were teeny tiny, not these giants! Yuck!

JR said...

ewwwwww